Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A simple but wonderful low fat dessert that can also be served for breakfast or a snack. If serving for dessert, top with low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- 1 cup dried peaches
- 1 cup dried apple, slices
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1 cup dried apricot halves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine the peaches, apples, raisins, currants, apricots and cinnamon in a crock pot.
- Stir in the water, lemon juice and peel, and sugar.
- Cover and cook on low until the fruit is tender, 5 to 7 hours.
- Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or yogurt, if desired.