Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
You can do a top, lattice crust to this, but I never do. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 8 inch pie shell
- 3 lbs peaches, peeled,pitted and chopped roughly
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup crushed amaretti cookie
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely ground blanched almond
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
- Stir together peaches, almond extract, sugar, spices, lemon juice and cornstarch.
- In a small bowl, stir together the amaretti and almonds.
- Spoon peaches into pie shell, sprinkle amaretti over and dot with butter.
- Bake pie in middle of a preheated 420F (215C) oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375F (190C) and bake for 30 minutes more.
Absolutely delicious and very refreshing! I loved the almond and cookie topping. Made for ZWT 4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers
This was a gorgeous dessert made for ZWT 4. I was a bit too heavy handed on the nutmeg and could not buy proper amaretti cookies so used a Dutch almond cookie. Also as it is winter here I used tinned peach slices. Despite these minor issues we loved this pie, served with a drizzle of light cream and I look forward to trying it again in summer when fresh peaches are available.