- 1 8 inch pie shell
- 3 lbs peaches, peeled,pitted and chopped roughly
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup crushed amaretti cookie
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely ground blanched almond
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together peaches, almond extract, sugar, spices, lemon juice and cornstarch.
- In a small bowl, stir together the amaretti and almonds.
- Spoon peaches into pie shell, sprinkle amaretti over and dot with butter.
- Bake pie in middle of a preheated 420F (215C) oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375F (190C) and bake for 30 minutes more.