Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the best of the Peach Butters!
- 6 cups peeled, pitted and chopped peaches (around 10 to 12 peaches total)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Amaretto
- Puree peaches in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- In a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan combine peach puree and sugar.
- Bring to a hard boil, stirring constantly, reduce to a simmer, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Add Amaretto and simmer for at least 5 minutes and until the desired thickness is reached.
- This will not thicken up past where you take it to.
- Ladle into half pint jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
I love this EASY recipe. I did let it simmer several hours to get the right consistancy!
I made this without a hot water canning pot, and it still came out great, and all my containers sealed. I simply used 2 large pasta pots - one for the butter, and one to boil my jars in. Anyway, on with the review. This is very tasty. I think next time, I will put in slightly less of the amaretto, but over all it is a very pleasant taste. Good on my English muffins in the am. Thanks.
I doubled this recipe but cut down on the amaretto by a half a cup; it is great on scones and toast. Very easy and a great item for a gift basket.