1 hr 15 mins
A slightly sweeter bread pudding, with the fresh peaches. Prep time does not include one hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf Italian bread, torn into pieces
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 3 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1Bread Pudding:.
- 2Combine the bread and the half-and-half in a large bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 3Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with 1 tbsp butter; set aside.
- 4Combine the eggs, sugar, and almond extract; stir well. Add the egg mixture to the chilled bread mixture, stirring gently. Gently fold in peaches and almonds.
- 5Pour into the prepared dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until set and lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve with amaretto sauce.
- 6Amaretto Sauce:.
- 7Combine the butter and sugar in a small saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
- 8Gradually stir about 1/4 of the hot mixture into the egg; add to the remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- 9Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat, and stir in the amaretto. Let it cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Amaretto Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.2
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 114.7 mg
- Sodium 496.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: