Recipe by Elana's Pantry
This Peach Almond Ice Cream is Vegan, Gluten Free and Fruit Sweetened. http://www.elanaspantry.com/peach-almond-ice-cream/
- 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight, discard soaking water
- 1 cup water
- 3 -4 peaches
- 5 dates
- 4 drops stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Place soaked almonds and water in vita-mix.
- 2. Blend on highest setting until smooth, about 1 minute, add a bit more water if blending is a challenge.
- 3. Remove almond mixture from vita-mix and strain through a fine mesh paint strainer bag, discarding solids.
- 4. Place almond mixture in rinsed out vita-mix container, blend in peaches and dates on highest setting until smooth.
- 5. Blend in stevia, vanilla and lemon juice.
- 6. Place mixture in ice cream maker and process according to instructions.