Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Peach Almond Ice Cream is Vegan, Gluten Free and Fruit Sweetened. http://www.elanaspantry.com/peach-almond-ice-cream/
- 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight, discard soaking water
- 1 cup water
- 3 -4 peaches
- 5 dates
- 4 drops stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. Place soaked almonds and water in vita-mix.
- 2. Blend on highest setting until smooth, about 1 minute, add a bit more water if blending is a challenge.
- 3. Remove almond mixture from vita-mix and strain through a fine mesh paint strainer bag, discarding solids.
- 4. Place almond mixture in rinsed out vita-mix container, blend in peaches and dates on highest setting until smooth.
- 5. Blend in stevia, vanilla and lemon juice.
- 6. Place mixture in ice cream maker and process according to instructions.
This is not ice cream. It's not even low-fat ice milk. There are no dairy products in it. The recipe title is incorrect and should be changed.
You can consider this a frozen dessert, but not ice CREAM. Plus I think a better way to process this is to puree the almonds using some of the peach as the liquid. That way you don't have to add water and then squeeze it out. Save yourself a step. Peaches and almonds are a great combination, though.