Recipe by Lainey6605
Fresh peaches makes this recipe! The dough must chill for about 30 minutes (not included in prep time).
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 -5 tablespoons ice water
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 peaches, peeled and sliced (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, combine flour, cornmeal, 1 T granulated sugar and salt.
- Add butter, pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add ice water, 1 T at a time, and pulse until dough forms.
- Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a clean food processor, grind almonds and confectioners' sugar to a fine meal.
- Add egg yolk and almond extract and blend; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine peaches, honey and cinnamon; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On lightly floured work surface, roll dough out to a 14-inch circle.
- Fit into a 10-inch pie plate.
- Spread almond paste over dough, including up the sides.
- Add peaches.
- Fold edges of dough over peaches to form a rustic flat pie with about a 2-inch wide border.
- Brush dough with water and sprinkle with remaining granulated sugar.
- Bake until filling is bubbling and crust is flaky and golden brown, 45-50 minutes.