Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ground almonds give a lovely nuttiness to this crisp topping.
Make and share this Peach Almond Crisp (Simple and Lite) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups sliced fresh peaches (or fresh frozen)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- If frozen, thaw just half way, so that the peaches are still partially frozen. I like to use my frozen peaches but fresh peaches may be used.
- Empty peaches and their juice into a 6 cup casserole, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together rolled oats, almonds, splenda brown sugar mix and mix well; drizzle honey over mixture and stir through.
- Spread rolled oats mixture evenly over peaches in casserole.
- Bake in 350f degree oven for 45 minutes, until topping is well browned and crisp.
- Depending on your peaches, this crisp is not sweet, just the way we like it; if you prefer your crisp sweeter add a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar mix to your peaches.
I loved this. It IS simple and lite. I would not take this to a potluck where people would be expecting it to have more sugar and some butter, but it was a very nice treat for me or anyone who's trying to "liten" things up. Thanks.