Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens...
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (8 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup peach nectar or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- For topping, stir together brown sugar, rolled oats, 1/2 cup of the flour, and the 3 tablespoons granulated sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds.
- For filling, stir together remaining flour, the 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a large mixing bowl. Add the peach slices and peach nectar or orange juice. Toss gently to coat.
- Transfer filling to an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle topping over the filling. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until fruit slices are tender and the topping is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream.
What a super recipe for a peach crisp! I love the topping on this and the addition of almonds just makes it heavenly. I used the option of orange juice and that worked well. A wonderful way to make a peach dessert without a heavy biscuit/cobbler topping. Goes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top (sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon & nutmeg). Made for the Gimme Five tag event.
A very nice dessert. I doubled the oats otherwise made the topping as posted. For the filling, I omitted the sugar as my peaches were very sweet. We love cinnamon mixed with peaches. Thank you AZPARZYCH for posting.
Yummy crisp. I think I would cut the sugar a bit next time. I like my crisps "oaty", so I doubled the oats.