Recipe by katie in the UP
This is really good!
Top Review by CulinaryQueen
This was very good, even my stepson and his friends enjoyed it. The only changes I made were that I coursly chopped the peaches instead of just slicing them and I also made a crumb topping to add on top. I'd like to try this with apples next time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (can use whole wheat)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons blanched almonds, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixing bowl, blend flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, yogurt, melted butter, and almond extract until smooth.
- Stir into dry ingredients to make smooth, thick batter.
- Spoon batter into greased 9-inch springform pan or other round cake pan.
- Arrange peach slices on top in circular fashion.
- In small bowl, combine almond slices, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until done.
- NOTE:. This recipe also works well using 1/2 sugar and 1/2 Splenda.