Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a contest winning recipe I found in my Simple & Delicious magazine. It was submitted by Justine Furman-Olshan. This is an amazingly easy and light recipe that is perfect for any after dinner dessert! Enjoy!
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (18 ounce) jar peach preserves
- 1 1⁄2 cups slivered almonds, divided
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9 inches x 2 inches baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread preserves over crust.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup almonds.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar, 1 T. at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spread meringue evenly over almonds.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minute or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator.