Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These cookies are melt in your mouth delicious. They are different from anything else I have ever made. They are so buttery. I have been making these for 19 years and they are the ones my family always request at the holidays. The recipe was found in a cookbook from Christian Academy School my son attended when he was young. The book said it is the same cookies that they make at the famous Peabody Hotel, hence the name.
- Cream together margarine and butter.
- Slightly beat the egg and add to creme mixture.
- Add the sugar to mixture.
- Add flour slowly and beat until thouroughly blended; add vanilla.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Prepare dough into long rolls and refrigerate overnite.
- Slice and bake for 12-15 minutes in 350°F oven.
I picked this recipe in Random Draw Tag. Lucky me! Super simple and soooo good.
Wonderful, melt-in-your mouth is so right!! These are wonderful, and easy, as they are rolled..I waited for 2 days before I sliced and baked them, because I was sick, but the results were the same...fantastic recipe. Thank you for sharing, Baby!!