Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Taste of Home magazine Pasta edition with a slight modification.
Make and share this Pea Tomato Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium sized pot, over medium high heat.
- saute shallots/garlic in oil until softened.
- Stir in cumin and cook 1-2 minute.
- Add broth, peas and tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer 1-2 minute.
- Stir in the couscous.
- Cover with a lid and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
Healthy, quick, easy, and tasty who could ask for anything more? Made as written and thought it made a very nice side combining both whole grains and veggie with practically no fat. Might add just a smidgen more cumin next time. Thanks so much for the post.
I made this as listed except used less oil and onion instead of shallots. The couscous was nice and fresh; I could have used a bit more flavour, perhaps some lemon would work in it?
Very delicious and easy to make - we love couscous and this is a great combination of veggies and seasonings. Makes a great presentation with the red and green colors. I served this dish along side a vegetarian enchilada dish. Will definitely keep this on my short list of go-to couscous recipes. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, January, 2012.