4 hrs 5 mins
3 hrs 45 mins
This recipe is from Extending the Table and is submitted for ZWT4. Cooking time does NOT include overnight soaking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak salt meat and split peas separately ovenight. (If using a ham bone, it does not need to be soaked.).
- 2Combine meat, peas, water and chopped onion in a large saucepan.
- 3Bring to a boil; simmer 2-3 hours or until peas are soft.
- 4Remove meat; remove from bone and cut into pieces.
- 5Return to saucepan and add celery, potatoes and carrots.
- 6Simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are nearly tender.
- 7While soup simmers, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 8Cut in margarine; add water or milk to make a soft dough.
- 9Drop by teaspoonfuls into soup.
- 10Cover tightly and cook 15 minutes. If soup is too thick, thin with water.
- 11Reheat and serve.
Browse Our Top Canadian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pea Soup With Doughboys
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 997.3
- Calories from Fat 610
- Total Fat 67.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 1573.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.5 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 24.3 g