Recipe by Kathy228
Comfort soup for sure. Instead of bratwurst you can use ham, sausage, or whatever you have a taste for. Or leave out the meat for a meatless pea soup.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
I was going to give this 3 stars because the soup was SO thin, but after adding some rice to thicken, it was fine. Then when my husband tasted it...he went nuts! Incredible, he said! So my review would be to add less liquid OR more peas, or just add some rice like I did to thicken this. Everything else: perfect! Thanks Kathy!
- 236.59 ml onion, coarsly chopped
- 1 medium potato, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 59.14 ml parsley, minced
- 1 small carrot, chunked (optional)
- 946.36 ml broth (veggie or chicken)
- 828.06 ml water
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 453.59 g split peas, sorted over
- 4 bratwursts, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients in order, then gently mix to combine.
- Cook on high for 5 or 6 hours or until the peas have cooked down and are soft and creamy.
- If it seems a little too thick, thin with milk or water, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.