1/2 Photos of Pea Soup With Bratwurst - Crock-Pot
6 hrs 20 mins
Comfort soup for sure. Instead of bratwurst you can use ham, sausage, or whatever you have a taste for. Or leave out the meat for a meatless pea soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, coarsly chopped
- 1 medium potato, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 small carrot, chunked (optional)
- 4 cups broth (veggie or chicken)
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb split peas, sorted over
- 4 bratwursts, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1Add ingredients in order, then gently mix to combine.
- 2Cook on high for 5 or 6 hours or until the peas have cooked down and are soft and creamy.
- 3If it seems a little too thick, thin with milk or water, 1/2 cup at a time.
- 4Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pea Soup With Bratwurst - Crock-Pot
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.5
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 1991.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 28.3 g