Recipe by Chef Norma JS
I created this pea soup and it has become a favorite. It is easy and healthful and excellent tasting.
Top Review by French Tart
A STUNNING pea soup and well worth the effort! We all loved this, it was deep and smoky tasting with rich taste of peas, simply delicious! I served this with chopped chives and fresh French bread, it was fabulous for a cold spring day. Made for PAC 2010 and Soup, Salads and Sandwiches in the Photo's Forum, merci Norma! FT:-)
- 1 onion, Diced (Medium)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (16 ounce) bag split peas
- 4 carrots, Peeled and Diced
- 1 potato, Peeled and Diced
- 6 -8 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 smoked pork bones
- 1 teaspoon salt, more if needed
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, more if needed6 -
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil until limp in large pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over low to medium heat (simmer) until the peas and vegetables are soft.
- Remove and discard bones.
- Remove one cup of soup mixture.
- Blend remaining soup until slightly pureed.
- Add reserved cup of soup.
- Correct seasoning as desired.