Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my pea soup recipe. I like it because of all the carrots and ham. It's really good on a cold night.
- wash and sort peas.
- Put peas, boullon cubes, onion garlic oregano,ham and bay leaf to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 1-1/2 hrs.
- Give a stir every now and then.
- Remove ham from soup and remove all the meat from the bone.
- Cut meat into bite size pieces and return it back to the soup.
- Add carrots and celery.
- Cook 1-1/2 to 2 Hrs more till you get desired thickness.