Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pea shoots are the tender, young first growth, usually of snow peas. They are more likely to be found in early spring at your farmers market.
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil; prepare and ice water bath.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes; place in the ice water bath for 5 minutes, then peel, and transfer to a bowl.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet, over medium high heat, stirring often, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling.
- Add shallots to skillet and cook until just softened, about 1 or 2 minutes; whisk in vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add pea shoots, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- To serve: Transfer pea shoots to a serving bowl, top with shrimp, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon, chives, and tarragon.