Pea shoots are the tender, young first growth, usually of snow peas. They are more likely to be found in early spring at your farmers market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil; prepare and ice water bath.
- 2Add shrimp and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes; place in the ice water bath for 5 minutes, then peel, and transfer to a bowl.
- 3Cook bacon in a large skillet, over medium high heat, stirring often, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling.
- 4Add shallots to skillet and cook until just softened, about 1 or 2 minutes; whisk in vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 5Add pea shoots, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- 6To serve: Transfer pea shoots to a serving bowl, top with shrimp, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon, chives, and tarragon.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pea Shoots With Shrimp, Bacon, and Chives
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 467.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: