Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on another site. Its got water chestnuts, green onions, almonds, & curry powder. Very good. You can make in the morning but add almonds when you serve. It tastes good with the frozen peas but taste great once they have thawed.
- 16 ounces frozen baby peas (do not thaw)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 6 ounces smoked almonds, rinsed to take off the excess salt, chopped
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the frozen peas, green onions, almonds, & water chestnuts.
- In seperate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and curry pwder.
- Gently stir the mayonnaise mixture into the peas.
- Add salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.
Excellent salad. I didn't rinse the almonds as I like them salty but went lighter in salting the dressing. I did chop the almonds a bit as I don't enjoy biting into whole ones.The curry really made a difference that I enjoyed very much. Made for PAC, Spring 2015.