Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Bon Appetit April 2007. "Peas tossed with some peppery radishes and some creamy, tangy feta for a new kind of spring salad." Frozen peas may be substituted for fresh.
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 4 cups peas, preferrably fresh and shelled
- 1 bunch radish, trimmed halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cups pea tendrils, fresh and coarsley chopped (optional)
- Heat small skillet over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and toast until aromatic and slightly darker, about 2 minutes. Cool; grind finely in spice mill.
- Whisk lime juice, honey and cumin in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil; stir in dill.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Cook peas in pot of boiling salted water until almost tender, about 5 minutes (if using fresh), about 2 mintues for frozen. Drain; rinse under cold water, then drain well.
- Transfer peas to bowl. Add radishes, feta and dressing; toss to coat well. Season with salt and pepper. If using pea tendrils, divide among bowls.