From Bon Appetit April 2007. "Peas tossed with some peppery radishes and some creamy, tangy feta for a new kind of spring salad." Frozen peas may be substituted for fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 4 cups peas, preferrably fresh and shelled
- 1 bunch radish, trimmed halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cups pea tendrils, fresh and coarsley chopped (optional)
- 1Heat small skillet over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and toast until aromatic and slightly darker, about 2 minutes. Cool; grind finely in spice mill.
- 2Whisk lime juice, honey and cumin in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil; stir in dill.
- 3Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook peas in pot of boiling salted water until almost tender, about 5 minutes (if using fresh), about 2 mintues for frozen. Drain; rinse under cold water, then drain well.
- 5Transfer peas to bowl. Add radishes, feta and dressing; toss to coat well. Season with salt and pepper. If using pea tendrils, divide among bowls.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pea Salad With Radishes and Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 220.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 11.5 g