Found this in an old cookbook called "We're Cookin' Now"...I haven't tried it yet...but it sounds delicious...let me know what you think...
- Rinse and thaw peas.
- Rinse and cut water chestnuts into quarters.
- Put both peas and chestnuts in medium size bow.l.
- Melt butter in small saute' pan, add almonds and saute till light brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cool add almonds to peas and water chestnuts; add mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar.
- You may want to add more sugar according to your own taste.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated till needed.
I loved the almonds in this salad. I subbed celery for the water chestnuts. Great way to eat peas. Thanks!
Yummy side with tonights Swiss Steak and also a great way to use up some water chestnuts that I've had for awhile. It has lot's of great flavor and looks quite pretty on the plate, doesn't take a whole lot of time to make either. :D
Delicious! I picked this recipe since hubby loves peas and he loved this salad too. I left out the sour cream since we don't eat it. Will make this one again. Made for 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2012.