Recipe by JustJanS
A very quick salad, made with things I had on hand (and needed to use up). Prep and cook time doesn't take into account cooking bacon, because you might want to use bacon bits.
Top Review by Abby Girl
We were visiting a friend and she had served a Pea Salad that she got from the grocery. I knew I could find something similar in Zaar. I wasn't disappointed!!! I liked this one better. I thought it could be a little more creamier, but my family thought it was perfect as is and my DD has requested this to be put in our "Favorite List". Everyone loved the salad and came back for seconds. I didn't have enough red onion, so I added some green onion....had a leftover cooked corn on the cob...my DD does not like peppers, so I did not add that. This salad is very flexable....chicken could be added...peppercorn Ranch could be used instead...vegetables exchanged. The possibilities are endless. Excellent contribution!
- 1 (500 g) packet frozen baby peas, thawed,drained
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked bacon (could use bacon bits I guess)
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel, canned is ok
- 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (I used lower fat)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I used Best's)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper