Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's a strange combination of ingredients but one we found we really liked. I'm not overly crazy about pea salad, but this is one of my favourites.
- 16 ounces frozen peas (do not thaw)
- 6 ounces of smokehouse almonds, chopped
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of yellow curry powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine the frozen peas, rinsed smokehouse almonds, and water chestnuts.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and curry powder.
- Gently stir the mayonnaise mixture into peas.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- If you are serving immediately, allow to set about 15-20 minutes for peas to thaw.