Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my sisters recipe for Pea Salad, she likes to make it for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Just another note: personally I use mayo instead of the Miracle Whip, but that is our preference. I make this salad at least once a month for the two of us and I use one can of peas, and a small amount of dried onions (raw onions bother my stomach), and just use two eggs. I was also thinking that those new cheddar crumbles would work great in this recipe. Hope you enjoy.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans English peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- dill pickle, chopped
- Miracle Whip, enough to make it creamy
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil eggs and dice in small pieces.
- Chop onions and cheese.
- Drain peas and add to onion and cheese.
- Mix in Miracle Whip, as much as it takes to make creamy. Add salt and pepper.
- Place all in a 2 quart bowl.
Very good! I used canned Lucerene baby peas and used relish instead of dill pickles, just a personal choice.Mix the dressing into the salad right before serving so it doesn't get watery. Thanks for posting.
Wow! What an easy and delicious salad! I like peas in a salad and really enjoyed this one. I was out of dills, but had dill relish at hand and also subbed mayo for the Miracle Whip. I cubed the eggs & cheese really small, about the size of the peas, a personal quirk but it makes a nice presentation. Thanks for sharing your sisters' recipe! I will be making this salad again, but not just for holidays. It's too good to wait that long.