Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is great because it uses black eyed peas. And it's got some zing to it.
Make and share this Pea Picker Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 package plain Doritos, crushed don't use big bag
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped,to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons sugar, more to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed,drained
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons vinegar, more to taste
- 3 jalapenos, chopped
- 2⁄3 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- Finely chop green onions and jalapenos, combine with remaining ingredients except the Doritos.
- When ready to serve add crushed Doritos.
- If mix is too stiff add more Miracle Whip, vinegar, sour cream or some jalapeno juice.
Black eyed peas in a salad .....Yum yum,I adore this salad I couldn't stop eating it.My husband had a fit over it too. It is a really good salad!!! Thanks,Darlene
I like black eyed peas but haven't had them in a salad before so I tried your recipe. The black eyed pea flavor wasn't overpowering in this salad at all. It is very good and everyone liked it. Thanks CrankyCook. Bullwinkle.