Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄4 liters hot chicken stock or 1 1⁄4 liters vegetable stock
- 100 g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 225 g arborio rice
- 100 g frozen peas (allow to thaw)
- 50 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Melt butter in pan and add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir over low heat until the grains start to soften. Increase the heat to medium and begin to add the hot stock, a ladleful at a time. It is important to allow the rice to absorb all the stock before adding any more. Continue to add the stock gradually, stirring from time to time. The rice is ready when it is soft but has a slightly chalky bite to it in the middle. Cooking time is roughly 15-20 minutes but could take a bit longer.
- Add the peas and stir. After 3 minutes add the Parmesan and stir. Serve immediately.