Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is just the product of creative thinking and lots of taste buds to judge. Think of it as a healthful alternative to your everyday banana split or sausage and egg biscuit. 350 calories apprx *a wonderful variation is to use less peas, chickpeas, and raisins and to put a T of frozen vanilla yogurt or ice cream in the sandwich, ontop of the peas. Even if it melts before you eat it, it adds a nice flavor
- put bread in toaster, toast to preference (mine was toasted medium well).
- meanwhile, put first five ingredient on a plate together (no mixing required) and microwave for about 20 seconds on high.
- remove from microwave and squish it all together with a fork, crushing the chickpeas and peas.
- when the toast is done, spread the peanut butter on one side, cover with the pea mixture, the cinnamon and the raisins (it will be a good sized pile, but only on one side).
- Cut in half, put the other half ontop, squish down and eat.