Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
entered for st patricks day
- 3 kg fresh peas, shelled
- 120 g butter, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook peas in a saucepan of boiling water for 7 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place peas, butter and mint in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and add the cream and nutmeg. Stir until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.