Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious little fritters, perfect for al fresco dining. You could easily substitute feta cheese for the halloumi to suit your own tastes. Very nice served with a chutney or sweet chili dipping sauce.
- 250 g peas
- 30 g cornstarch (cornflour)
- 100 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 250 g halloumi cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- Boil the peas for 2 minutes and drain.
- Puree half of them in a food processor.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, then stir in the beaten eggs, milk, and pureed peas. Fold in the whole peas, halloumi & mint. Season to taste.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Drop the batter by ladlefuls into the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.
Easy, tasty and different. I followed the recipe exactly. Served with mango chutney, banana catsup and sweet chill sauce as dips. The banana catsup was the best of the three.
Have only made these with feta, but they have met with approval every time I have served them. I just wish I didn't have to weigh the flour!