Recipe by Moor Driver
Delicious little fritters, perfect for al fresco dining. You could easily substitute feta cheese for the halloumi to suit your own tastes. Very nice served with a chutney or sweet chili dipping sauce.
- 250 g peas
- 30 g cornstarch (cornflour)
- 100 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 250 g halloumi cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the peas for 2 minutes and drain.
- Puree half of them in a food processor.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, then stir in the beaten eggs, milk, and pureed peas. Fold in the whole peas, halloumi & mint. Season to taste.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Drop the batter by ladlefuls into the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.