Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fresh or baby garden peas are great with this refreshing salad.
- 1 cup peas
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄2 cup snow pea sprouts
- 100 g feta
- Blanch peas in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, or until bright green and just tender.
- Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Heat 1 T oil in skillet over medium heat,.
- Add onion and stir for 1-2 minutes until soft and translucent.
- For dressing, place mustard, vinegar and honey in a bowl.
- Whisk in remaining oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place onions, peas and pistachios in a large bowl with dressing and toss to combine.
- Add mint and pea shoots and toss gently.
- Crumble feta over top.
This is one of the tastiest things I have ever eaten.
We really liked this salad Jewelies...the only change I'll make next time is using a smaller onion (or double the peas). I used a good sized onion. Thanks for posting!!
This was excellent - with a great contrast in flavours and textures, and a really good sweet/sour/savoury dressing. Can't get snow pea sprouts so I used sprouted lentils - not the same - but good. The mint is a great addition.