Recipe by Syrinx
This is a fresh, zingy dip which is bursting with flavour and a wonderful sense of vitality. I like it with warm pitta bread or melba toast, but it would be good with just about anything. I have even used it to dress pasta, which was rather yummy. All quantities given are approximate - feel free to vary them according to taste.
Top Review by sprue
i like peas a lot and my husbands loves them even more but i did not care for this and he liked it. the pea taste was too much and i tried to add other things to make it better but nothing worked. but my husband liked it fine so i think you really have to like peas to really enjoy this... very healthy though thanks.
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 green chili, seeds removed then finely chopped
- 1 spring onion (scallion)
- 1⁄8 cup mint leaf, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whizz peas (lightly cooked, if you prefer), lime juice, chilli, spring onion and mint together in the food processor (or use a hand blender) until they form a pâté. The texture can be smooth or coarse, as you wish.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve very cold.