Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom used to make this wonderful vegtable side dish. It is really good with roasted chicken and chicken rice-a-roni - Comfort food!
- 2 cups celery, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen tiny peas
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- celery salt
- pepper (to taste)
- Saute celery and mushrooms in butter until tender crisp; add the tiny peas and cook for a few more minutes.
- Season with celey salt and pepper.
- Combine soup and waterchestnuts in seperate small bowl.
- In a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole arrange half of the vegtable medley, top with soup and repeat the layers.
- Top with the fresh parmesan cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.