Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
An old Southern Living recipe which was submitted by Mrs. Windsor Pipes from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) canstiny English peas, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and thinly sliced.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- Saute green pepper, onion and celery in butter in a large saucepan until tender.
- Remove from heat and add next 5 ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a 10x6x2 inch baking dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 mins.