Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in one of our local papers and have made it a few times for guests and it's always a pleaser.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) cansyoung tiny peas (Le Sueur brand is recommended, drained)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 2 lrge hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb, crushed (Ritz worked great)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 2 qt casserole; set aside.
- In small skillet over med heat melt butter and saute onions and celery 4 to 5 minutes or until soft; place sauteed vegetables in a mixing bowl and let cool slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cracker crumbs and melted butter, to bowl and toss gently, but well to mix.
- Transfer to prepared casserole.
- Stir crumbs and melted butter together and layer them on top of casserole.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.