Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This salad is a delicious crunchy combination. I especially like this for summer barbeques for something different. I clipped it from Quick Cooking magazine a couple years ago.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place in a serving bowl; add the peas, water chestnuts, onions and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, bacon and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Chill until serving.