Pea and Spring Onion Champ
- To make the champ, cook the potatoes in salted water for 5-10 minutes, until tender.
- Drain three-quarters of the water and continue to cook on a low heat. Avoid stabbing the potatoes with a knife, because if they're floury potatoes they'll break up if you do.
- When cooked, drain all the water off, peel and mash with most of the butter while hot.
- Meanwhile, place the milk in a saucepan with the peas and spring onion and boil for four or five minutes, until cooked.
- Add the parsley and take off the heat.
- Add the potatoes, keeping some of the milk back in case you don't need it all.
- Season to taste and beat until creamy and smooth, adding more milk if necessary.
- Serve piping hot with the remaining butter melting in the centre.