1/2 Photos of Pea and Parmesan Risotto
Perfect Pixie's Note:
Made this for tea tonight, added some chopped leftover gammon, very tasty
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring stock to boil in a saucepan, keep on a low heat while you are making the risotto.
- 2In saute pan, melt butter and add garlic and onions, allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Add rice and stir continuously over a low heat until the grains start to soften.
- 4Over a medium heat begin to add the hot stock a ladle at a time, allow rice to absorb all stock before adding next ladle.
- 5Continue to add the stock gradually , stirring all the time for about 15-20 minutes (mum prefers to cook her risotto for 40 minutes, but up to you).
- 6Rice is ready when is soft, but still has chalky "bite" to it in the middle.
- 7Tip frozen peas in (and gammon or other cooked meat if using) and stir in and heat through, about 3 minutes. by this time the peas should be defrosted and the risotto bubbling again.
- 8Finally stir in parmesan and serve immediately with thinly sliced parmesan on top.
- 9For vegetarian do not use the chicken stock.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pea and Parmesan Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.9
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 820.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 18.6 g