Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made this for tea tonight, added some chopped leftover gammon, very tasty
Make and share this Pea and Parmesan Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- Bring stock to boil in a saucepan, keep on a low heat while you are making the risotto.
- In saute pan, melt butter and add garlic and onions, allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir continuously over a low heat until the grains start to soften.
- Over a medium heat begin to add the hot stock a ladle at a time, allow rice to absorb all stock before adding next ladle.
- Continue to add the stock gradually , stirring all the time for about 15-20 minutes (mum prefers to cook her risotto for 40 minutes, but up to you).
- Rice is ready when is soft, but still has chalky "bite" to it in the middle.
- Tip frozen peas in (and gammon or other cooked meat if using) and stir in and heat through, about 3 minutes. by this time the peas should be defrosted and the risotto bubbling again.
- Finally stir in parmesan and serve immediately with thinly sliced parmesan on top.
- For vegetarian do not use the chicken stock.
This made a tasty side dish to my grilled pork. Thanks for sharing.
this was fantastic!! perfect consistency- i added about 1/2 a glass of white wine before the stock and cooked it off a bit.... yum! the flavours worked so well together. Bacon adds a bit of extra flavour, too- i cooked mine with the onion and garlic (although i like really well done bacon, so it might just be me) thanks for posting, sure to cook again.
Yummy risotto! I added three tablespoon of white wine before adding the broth and topped with some bacon before serving. It turned out perfect! I was weary of the peas cooking in three minutes, but they were just fine. We really enjoyed this dish. Thanks Perfect Pixie!