Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Taken from 'Rosemay Conley's Complete Hip and Thigh Diet' book
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 450 g gammon steaks, cubed (weighed after fat cut off)
- 450 g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 100 g dried peas (soaked overnight)
- 1 liter water
- mixed herbs
- Bring gammon and onion to boil, and simmer for one hour. Cool and skim. Bring to the boil again, add potatoes and peas, and simmer gently for 1-2 hours. A tiny pinch of mixed herbs adds flavour.
- The longer this is cooked, the thicker it becomes.