Recipe by Sarah
Adapted from Weight Watchers Everyday Cookbook. This is a very simple pea and ham recipe, there's no ham bone in this recipe, but it is deliciously thick and tasty.
Top Review by carole in orlando
Great tasting soup! The first split pea recipe my husband has enjoyed. I followed the recipe, except for adding 3 small, unpeeled red potatoes, cubed. I put it all in the crockpot and cooked it for 8 hours on low and had a nice supper waiting when returning home from church. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup split peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 150 g lean ham, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, split peas, onion, carrot, garlic, salt and pepper in a large heavy-based saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peas, simmer covered for 5 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Stir in ham, season with salt and pepper if desired and serve.