Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Peas add a refreshing sweetness to this traditional spread - less spiky but still very flavorful. Use it as a dip for cut-up vegetables (quartered radishes are particularly nice), as a topping for whole-wheat pasta or even as a condiment on grilled fish.
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas
- 6 tablespoons sliced green pitted olives
- 1 large garlic clove, quartered
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade; pulse several times until a coarse spread forms, scraping down the inside of the canister every few pulses.
- Scrape mixture into a serving bowl - or scrape into a nonreactive, sealable container. Set plastic wrap directly on the surface of the spread to prevent discoloration and refrigerate for up to 2 days.