Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A simple warming soup which is very quick and easy to make - ideal for winter evenings.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 200 g frozen peas
- 400 g butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cm cube gingerroot, grated
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt
- 3 spring onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and gently cook the onion and cumin until the onion is softened.
- Add peas, beans, ginger and stock and bring to boil. Add herbs and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Blend until smooth.
- Return to pan and add lime juice.
- Serve with a swirl of yoghurt, the spring onions and freshly ground black pepper on top.
- Also tastes good chilled.