Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy, fragrant, delicious, and so easy and quick to make. One of the many recipes I have picked up on my travels around the world - can't remember where or when. But everybody loves it. Hope you do too!
- 55 g margarine or 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 140 g onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped (green or red)
- 450 g fresh peas or 450 g frozen peas
- 900 ml vegetable stock or 900 ml vegie-chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (coriander)
- salt and pepper
- Melt the margarine over a gentle heat (or add olive oil) and sweat the onion, garlic and chilli for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the peas and cover with stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the freshly chopped cilantro (coriander) and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a pinch of sugar to enhance the flavour.