Recipe by pammyowl
An old fashioned macaroni salad from the 195o's!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was okay, but the peas overpowered all other ingredients. I think I would cut the peas in half. I used shredded cheddar cheese which made it easier to eat. But other than that made as directed. I think I might add some tuna to help add some flavor to this dish. I did have to add additional light mayo as the instructions indicated. Made in honor of the life of pammyowl.
- 8 ounces shell pasta or 8 ounces ring pasta or 7 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup salad dressing or 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup baby dill pickle, minced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta per package directions , making sure not to overcook. Place the peas in the colander and drain the pasta right over the top of the peas, this will cook the peas to a crisp tender doneness. Cool and lightly stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Chill at least two hours or overnight and serve. You may need to add more salad dressing or mayo as the pasta tends to absorb it the longer you store it.