Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this one up from another favorite satay recipe. No skewers and lighter and healthier than traditional recipes.
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup pb 2 powdered peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Blend all ingredients except chicken in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet or stir fry pan. Add chicken and stir fry until browned on all sides and cooked most of the way through.
- Add blended sauce to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice.