Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We made these tonight, bet they won't last till tomorrow! I hunted for a recipe here, and GASP, there wasn't one!?! Anyway, this is the one we made (get someone with a strong arm to help mix it!)
- 1 (350 g) box Rice Krispies
- 1 (454 g) bag marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
For chocolate addicts
- 1⁄2-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 13" x 9" pan.
- In a huge pot, melt the butter and peanut butter at the lowest heat.
- Add the marshmallows and melt stirring constantly until smooth.
- Mix in the rice krispies until blended.
- Chocolate addicts, add the chips here!
- Press into the greased pan.
- Cut into squares.
I know what you mean about having a strong arm, sherry, phew it was very sticky, but what a Fantastic taste!! My kids loved them. I used a chocolate peanut butter so didn't need the chocolate chips. A definate keeper, thanks Sherry
Made these for a "sorry to see you go" party at work, and they went in a flash. Plain old rice krispie treats always get eaten up over the course of the day they're made, but these just disappeared as soon as they were put on the snack table. My only substitution was to use plain M&M's for the chocolate chips (I thought the added color would be nice). I didn't find them terribly hard to mix, but maybe it's because I was prepared for the worst after reading the recipe and Tulip-Fairy's review (preparing for the worst makes reality seem not so bad - LOL). I hope I'm not developing "Old World Grandma Arms"! I'll definitely use this recipe again, even if I am!
I don't have a large enough bowl so I had to make this in two batches, but it still turned out well! These are very good.