Recipe by Sashayy
Great low fat peanut butter cookie that kids and adults will love.
Top Review by Bill Hilbrich
The recipe was very easy to follow, the cookies had a very pleasant taste, and I would certainly offer them to friends who appreciate low fat foods. However; as a person who is not used to low fat baking, these cookies seemed a little boring when compared to a Toll house cookie, but of course that is a matter of personal preference.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄3 cup light margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-calorie peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream brown sugar, margarine (or butter), peanut butter and buttermilk together.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, salt in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients and mix into a smooth dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto non-stick cookie sheet and flatten with a fork for a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 8- 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool.
- Store in an air-tight container to keep the cookies moist.