Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
The texture of these lightened up cookies is what I love most about them, of course the mini-chocolate chips comes in a close second! While still warm, the peanut butter taste is very light - although it really comes through when cookies are completely cooled. Recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
Top Review by gertc96
These were really good. I only had one egg, so I used it instead of the two egg whites. I also got 24 cookies out of this recipe. The texture of the cookies were great. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for 1~2~3 Hit Wonders.
- 118.29 ml chunky peanut butter
- 59.14 ml butter (I used smart balance butter blend)
- 78.07 ml Splenda granular
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml flour
- 236.59 ml old fashioned oats
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml mini chocolate chip
- 59.14 ml unsweetened coconut, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream sugars, peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy - on medium speed if using a stand mixer.
- Add egg whites, one at a time, and then vanilla, mixing on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Turn mixer off. Combine flour, oats and baking soda.
- With your mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture until completely mixed.
- Stir in mini-chocolate chips and, if using, coconut.
- Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets. These do not spread, if you like flat cookies, use bottom of glass or fork to smash cookies flat. I like mine mound shaped from the cookie scoop.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are just golden brown.