Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
The texture of these lightened up cookies is what I love most about them, of course the mini-chocolate chips comes in a close second! While still warm, the peanut butter taste is very light - although it really comes through when cookies are completely cooled. Recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter (I used smart balance butter blend)
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut, toasted (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream sugars, peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy - on medium speed if using a stand mixer.
- Add egg whites, one at a time, and then vanilla, mixing on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Turn mixer off. Combine flour, oats and baking soda.
- With your mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture until completely mixed.
- Stir in mini-chocolate chips and, if using, coconut.
- Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets. These do not spread, if you like flat cookies, use bottom of glass or fork to smash cookies flat. I like mine mound shaped from the cookie scoop.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are just golden brown.
These were really good. I only had one egg, so I used it instead of the two egg whites. I also got 24 cookies out of this recipe. The texture of the cookies were great. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for 1~2~3 Hit Wonders.
Followed your recipe right on down (love that chunky peanut butter) & I managed to get 30 cookies! Really enjoyed the taste combo of PD & coconut & chocolate ~ Very nice, & I'll be making these again in the future! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits tag]
I got 28 cookies all on one baking sheet. You said they didn't spread but mine did LOL They were all side by side, holding hands LOL I used reduced-fat peanut butter (creamy), light butter, 1 egg instead of 2 egg whites, quick oats, and no chocolate chip or coconut. I wanted them plain peanut butter. And I love the taste and they're so easy to do with the mixer. Thanks Brooke :) Made for 123 hit wonders